Bridge of Muchalls, Steading Conversion
- To convert an existing steading wing to a new open plan living dining/kitchen
- To provide 1-2 additional bedrooms
- The existing dwelling which occupies a previously converted steading building, is re-configured at ground floor level to create 2 new bedrooms where the existing living space is accommodated.
- The redundant steading is converted to provide a large double height living/dining space with a wood-burning stove.
- A new kitchen occupies one end of the steading, with a mezzanine level over accessed by a spiral stair. The mezzanine provides a study/sitting area at first floor.
- Existing storage shed and stables are demolished.
- A new entrance door and lobby is created which gives a more generous entrance to the dwelling.